Monday, February 20, 2006

Nothing More

We have three things to do to lead us towards that consummation [completeness]: Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love.

-Taken from The Message-

"Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seeks its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; do not rejoice in iniquity but rejoices in truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails."

-1 Corinthians 13:4-8-


"May all things be in moderation except for love."
-Brennan Manning-

4 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so true. -ana

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger bombasticbeats said...

gotta love Manning.

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Bryan said...

Its interesting, because Brandon and I were talking about faith last night and we were unable to finish the discussion due to mutual interruption's. But I just want to say this: As most of you are aware my faith has been shot to pieces from where it was 3 years ago and I still feel like it is somewhat on the decline. But regardless of that, I also feel something changing within me. I feel myself being drawn back to God, because in all honesty I have felt that love mentioned in the above. I do believe in an unconditional love that is perfect and is still able to inspire hope. Nothing, no idea, no book, no person will ever be able to give me that hope, only the love from the father can. Thats why I still believe.This world is in desprite need of love. Too often love is spoken of as a tool for self-interest or for mutual munipulation. So I don't know where my faith will be in a year, but I trust that God will continually pull me towards him. I have felt perfection and can never be the same.

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger travis said...

Peterson (The Message) just does some brilliant things in the way(s) he puts wording to scriptural text. Any one know how long it took him to fully write The Message version of scripture?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home