Thursday, July 07, 2005

Proud of Me Roots

Perhaps, all to often I fall into the trap of becoming overly critical of our government and to some it may seem that I am unappreciated of the privileges and rights this nation affords us. However this is not my stance. I am, infact, very aware of the liberties that we are allowed in this nation, respectful of them, and their honorable and deliberate origins in making a nation that allows man to flourish while still restraining him against the self-interest of the few. I am proud of the constitution, I am proud of our very unique judiciary, I am proud of our system of checks and balances and the moderation it allows. Furthermore I am proud to come from a nation that places value on dialogue as seen in the framework of the senate, I hold enormous respect for the principles in establishing restrictions of the government, put in place by the government. America has an excellent foundation and I don't ever wish to be pooled with those who criticize the nation out of contempt, ignorance, and laziness. I criticize with an understanding of where we came from and a concern with were we are going. I am critical not to degrade but to reinforce and to innovate. This nation was established by the people, to serve the people, to be criticized by the people, to be amended by the people, and finally if necessary to be disassembled by the people in a peaceful manner. We have a rich heritage--full of both human triumph and failure--but we have pressed on and we have learned and innovated. We still have a long ways to go, but I am proud of what we have.


For those of you who may wish to gain insight into some of the great thought that went into this nation I suggest the book, Forming of the Democratic Republic by Diamond and any of the Federalist Papers by Madison in particular number 51.

3 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, Blogger Roxanne said...

hey sorry i haven't posted in forever..i don't have internet.. but very interesting...hrm

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Roxanne said...

bryan--
how do i post an original comment?? i can't figure it out :(

 
At 3:25 AM, Blogger bombasticbeats said...

F-in A right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home