Saturday, February 26, 2005

Progressive Politics

So must people who visit this site would identify themselves as progressive, liberal, moderate, old left....whatever. But my question today is what does this mean. What differentiates us from conservatives, not in idealogy but in behavior. Because if we are just another faction pushing our own agenda at the exprense of someone else's because we subjectivly say we are right, then if thats the case--I want nothing to do with it. Because here is the thing, as progressive's there are certain things we claim to adhere to. We claim to accept the opinion of everyone as valid and value academic discourse as a means to find the truth in an argument. We claim to care about those people who are the shit of the earth, and work towards thier empowerment. We value diversity and work to protect it. We see need to restrain humans in order to protect the enviroment. And these amoung others a good, but if we seek to do nothing but influence government to do these then we are wrong. Yes that is a step, but is how we are living reflecting these values. And if it is, then I think that sets us a great deal more different than conservatives. And yes finally I am proud to be a moderate liberal, after years of feeling ashamed of it because for some reason a Christian is supposed to be conservative, well thats bull crap. Its who I am, and it always has been. When I was young I was going around my nieghborhood knocking on doors and telling people to save to whales, well now I am doing the some thing, just using a different medium. So yes I am a bleeding heart liberal, fuck the rest (in the nicest way possible and only in love) and I am proud of it.


P.S. I apologize for my language, and for anything that may be offensive to a conservative reader, however I am excited and sometimes you gotta grasp your roots.

4 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Blogger Shadow Crescent Knight said...

"So...people...What...differentiates us from conservatives...we are just another faction...that...is...in the nicest way possible...proud of...knocking...shit on...bleeding...whales...fuck the...enviroment...I am excited...to...be offensive...and sometimes you gotta...crap"

-Bryan I am ashamed and apalled!

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Shadow Crescent Knight said...

Oh woops I apologize Bryan I turned into a freakin crazy Conservative Republican for about 20 minutes and decided to misqoute you. I assure you I am fine.



Muhahhahahahhahhahhahhahahhahahhahahhahhahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaa-

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger travis said...

With no shame I say, 'Jesus is the vision.' If He's the vision, everything (italics) should be filtered through Him.
Would anyone be interested in reading 'The Vision and the Vow' and discussing it over this site? I read it last weekend and it is very provoking, while being extremely simpe at the same time. That's always good.
Oh yes, and the the author is an environmentalist.
I love you all. -T

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Shadow Crescent Knight said...

Hey T! The vision and the vow? I think I have read a little bit of that. Thats by good 'ol Petey G. Michael had a copy of that lying around the house. I really gotta talk to you about church stuff man. Lots of cool stuff has been happening in our house. Just ideas and such that seem to finally have a practical application among our lives.

-Peace T-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home