Thursday, November 25, 2004

A Given Thanks

Today is the day of thanksgiving and there are many things that I am thankful for. My friends and family, education, health, and so forth. But most importantly I am thankful for my God, and his love, wisdom, and patience.

This Thanksgiving I have been thinking about being a Christian, and how difficult it truly can be, sometimes even seemingly impossible. We fight for our time of prayer, fight to love one another as we should, and fight to keep the fight and hope in us. And its God's grace that holds us in, and pushes us forward. So this Thanksgiving I dedicate especially to the saints of the world. Those men and women, many who are nameless the world but all are truly heroes, who keep the fight and press forward towards the goal of heaven.

Because we can talk about the problems of this world and what solutions we have contrived, but it all comes down to Jesus. This world is empty and without hope. It needs a savior and a lover. And their will always be conflict in this world, because we don't understand how to love how God loves. The more I live my life and observe the lives of others, the more I come to believe Toser that the most important thing about a person is how they view God. So to those saints, who are in love with God, I am thankful for the path and example you set. And to those who have helped guide my own personal journey. I am thankful for you.

1 Comments:

At 11:02 PM, Blogger bombasticbeats said...

He's the reason for the season! Wow I can't believe I just said that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home