Friday, November 12, 2004

Culture

What am I? I am a W.A.S.P. (White Anglo-Saxon Protestant). The great conquering, assimilating, genocidal society; I don’t have culture in the way others do, and our history I am ashamed of. I feel naked.
It seems to me that my culture is the purveyor of materialism, selfishness, and ignorance. We in an effort to imitate the Romans seem intent into turning demos’ attention back to the circus maximus.

Can my culture be reconciled?

To that end I cannot answer. All I can do is hope, and work towards that greater tomorrow by first reconciling myself, and than by a life of example have some influence. For my past is secure, my history set, but tomorrow is an open door.

1 Comments:

At 1:14 PM, Blogger Roxanne said...

Ok, so this may seem pointless. That is, to add on to a comment posted so long ago, but I have a tendency to go back, work from the beginning, and build upward.
So, what am I? Well, the same. A W.A.S.P. sigh...I have the same feelings, no history, no culture, few traditions, most of which stem from within my family. So, what is a W.A.S.P. to do? Well, I can't give a general answer, but I can say what I've decided to do. Travel, live abroad, learn about other cultures so I can know my own better. As of now, I have no real basis for comparing my own. I've traveled a little, Canada a few times, Mexico, Thailand, but I've never lived in another culture. So, soon I'll be gone, never to come back the same way again.
cheers..............

 

Post a Comment

<< Home